Just a quick post I make my own natural product balm and linaments the oil based one is similar to Muay Thai Oil and can be in a stoppered bottle or a spray, I also make a balm that can be used for a wide variety of maladies and is similar to Tiger Balm but I use all natural ingredients, if anyone is interested then please get in touch.
10. Lie on your back with hands at sides, interlock fingers at waist level push arms straight then bring over your head, bring hands to top of head palms upward then back to waist and repeat.
11. With feet shoulder width apart, put hands palm down at top of thighs near to groin crease. Squat then lift up left leg, return to start position then lift up right leg.
12. Using Sen points in leg previously learned bend forward from waist pressing the points until the hands are flat on the floor. Walk forward on hands three steps then back, return pressing points on leg to start position.
13. Lying face down on floor, breath in bring both legs up and arch your back pushing with hands flat on floor in front, breath out when return to start position.
14. Lying on front arms outstretched to sides grab left ankle with left hand and push out with leg still holding ankle, look at left leg, repeat other side.
Before trying any of these exercises you should seek qualified guidance I have posted them here for information only not as a how to do the exercises. If anyone is interested in learning Thai body massage then please get in touch.
7. Sitting with one leg outstretched and the other tucked in with sole of foot touching inside of the outstretched leg at the groin. Put left hand straight out palm forward the with right hand pull fingers of left hand back gently and hold then repeat other side
8.With feet shoulder width apart and hands in fists at waist level on top of the other, squat down and push left fist up and right fist down. Stand up and relax then repeat.
9. Standing with left foot at 45° in front of right foot about shoulder width apart, put left hand just above left knee and right palm on back of right hip turn gently and look at right hand on hip repeat other side.
4. Sitting cross legged put left hand under chin and right hand on left elbow, bring arm under chin to get stretch in shoulders, repeat other side.
5. Sitting with legs outstretched in front follow the Sen Line down the bone of leg a total of 8 points to press from groin to ball of feet, do both legs at once and press and hold points for few seconds.
6. Sitting with left leg outstretched in front and right leg tucked in so sole of foot on inside of left thigh near to groin, make two fists facing each other bring up to heart level then extend left hand as if holding a bow, breath in then out, return fists to centre and repeat other side.
First before beginning the exercises you carry out a self massage of the face and head to relax and make you alert, after paying respects to Phrat Ajarn Zhivago the exercises begin.
1. Sitting cross legged on the floor, put hands together like praying bring the hands up to heart level breathing in, push the fingers toward the left then toward the right.
2. Again sitting cross legged with fingers crossed and palms up in your lap bring hand up to heart level then above your head with palms facing upwards,rest hands on top of your head with palms up, then return to lap and gently tap the lower back area with closed fists.
3. Sitting as previous exercises push hands to left, then return to centre then push hands to right, and repeat this exercise is more like pushing
These exercises stretch and relax the muscles of the shoulders and upper back whilst getting strength in the fingers and wrists.
Before we begin to learn massage we first learn the 12 exercises to help relax the body and prepare it for the rigours of performing the massage. Thai massage can take up to three hours to do correctly so it is important the masseuse is capable of carrying out the massage correctly in the right way. These exercises help achieve that by building strength and flexibility, but they don’t stop there as they also teach self massage of the Sen (meridians). These exercises can also be used to help others instead of massage as they are a daily method of maintaining health. In future blogs I will write about the exercises and how to do them as I was taught by my teacher Ajarn Wallilot as with everything there are slight differences and variations but the health benefits are the same.